How do you become bug tester?

Home Forums Geometry Defense General Discussion How do you become bug tester?

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Zebec Games 3 weeks, 1 day ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

FlamingChangster
    Participant

So I have gone ahead and bought your game and it is pretty fun. I was wondering how you can become a bug tester. I have already noticed 1 bug where you change the screen resolution where there appear to be 2 cursors when you change the resolution.

Zebec Games
    Keymaster

Hi!

I am glad to hear you are interested in becoming a tester but I am not looking for more closed testers at this time. If you are already playing the game you are already helping. Please share any feedback or bugs here.

Sorry for the delay by the way. This is the first post anyone has made on the forums but I will check them more often.

Thanks!

FlamingChangster
    Participant

Okay, thank you.
    Sorry for responding so late.
    Also, I recently got a new laptop and I installed the game again with steam on my new laptop and it didn’t save my progress. It’s not that bad because I haven’t done a ton of levels. It’s not a big deal because I don’t mind playing the levels again. But do you know why it does this?

Zebec Games
    Keymaster

Hi again!

I am not being notified about new posts – will have to figure that out. Sorry for the delay.

In the latest update saved game data is now exported to “GeometryDefenseSave.dat” which is located in “%USERPROFILE%\AppData\LocalLow\Zebec Games\Geometry Defense” on Windows. Since some time has passed you probably do not care about copying it over as you are likely to lose more than you would gain.

Since on mobile the game utilized a single save file that is the current operation on PC as well. I will be adding a more robust save system in a future update.

FlamingChangster
    Participant

I already caught up a while ago. Thank you, though. I’m sorry for replying so late. I am in high school right now and I have the PSAT to study for and I don’t have that much free time. So, I may not be able to reply as soon as I did in the summer.

FlamingChangster
    Participant

I’m just going to say this, you deserve way more attention than you get. Your game was only made by you. The fact that you made such a complex game by yourself is amazing. Good luck in the future. 🙂

Zebec Games
    Keymaster

Thank you for the kind words! Much appreciated. =)

Good luck with school, I wish you the best. Hopefully when you get some more free time I will have some nice additions to the game.

FlamingChangster
    Participant

Hello again. I was able to reply much quicker than I thought I would. 🙂
    I was about to play Geometry Defense for a few minutes and I realized it half of my progress from the second planet. This is not a big deal to me but I just wanted to let you know because it may be a big deal to other customers who buy this game.

Zebec Games
    Keymaster

This is definitely a big deal to me.

I assume this is the Steam version of the game? Did you ALT+F4 out of the game or kill the task by any chance?

Without more info I will assume there was likely an issue auto-saving due to some kind of file access issue. I will see if I can reproduce it and fix it. If you have any repeatable steps let me know.

Thank you!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Recent Tweets
Recent Replies